Prev: [FT] IF Ship Design (and NI) Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:00:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

>Thomas Barclay wrote:
>
>> Well, if they're Scots, Irish, or Welsh they might be. I have my
>> doubts about the Angles and the Saxons living in England....
>
>They're nothing but Germans anyway.  And how about all those Danes and
>Norwegians that emmigrated?
>
>John M. Atkinson

Germans?  Maybe the Royal Family - though our next King (Charles) is
actually half Greek (Prince Philip is, after all, a prince of the Greek
Royal Family - but I forget how they were related to the rest of the
European Royals) - his kids (William, Harry) are half English - the
closest
we've got to a truely English king in a long time...  On the other hand,
the German Royal Family wasn't really purely Germanic either - lots of
Hapsburg blood, etc - and the Hapsburgs are a huge mix of Castillian,
German, etc blood...  The European Royals are all interrelated - kind of
their own little sub-species.

Disraeli called the English "the mongrel race of Europe" for a reason -
they've the result of mixing of so many different groups who've migrated
through that part of the world (Celts, Picts, Angles, Saxons, Normans,
Romans, Vikings, Germans, etc etc etc plus added bits here and there
from
people like the Phoenecians, Gypsies (I forget their proper name), and
nowadays, migration from  Africa via the Carribean, China via Hong Kong,
and India...)  At this point, the English are, well, English.

Prev: [FT] IF Ship Design (and NI) Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units