Prev: Re: [FT] PBEM game parameters? Next: Re: Chat Tonight!

Re: [FT] IF Ship Design

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:31:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design

> IF Tulwar class Heavy Destroyer (DDH)
> Displacement: 5000 tonnes
> Cost: 176 MUcr
> Hull Type: Weak (Integrity 10)
> Crew:  13 officer, 37 ratings (Crew Factor 3)
> Drive systems: Main Drive rating 6
> Sensors suite: Standard sensors; 1 fire control system
> Armament:
> 2 SMR(er) (FP/F/FS)
> 2 SMR(std) (FP/F/FS)
> 2 Submunition Packs (F) or 2 Class-1 batteries
> 1 Class-2 battery (FP/F/FS)
> Defenses: 2 Point Defense Systems

Exactly.  However, Jared's spreadsheet says this is 52 mass stuffed into
50 mass hull.  Delete the Sub Packs?

> IF Arabian class Battledreadnought Tender (BDN-T ?)
> Displacement: 15,000 tonnes
> Cost:  MUcr
> Hull Type: Average (Integrity 45)
> Crew:  28 officers, 122 ratings (Crew Factor 8)
> Drive systems:
> Tender FTL Drive (20,000 ton rating (Mass 200))
> Main Drive rating: 4
> Sensors suite:
> Standard sensors; 2 fire control systems
> Armament:
> SMR (std) (FP/F/FS)
> Class-2 battery (FP/F/FS)
> Class-2 battery (AP/FP/F)
> Class-2 battery (F/FS/AS)
> Defences:
> Area Defence Firecontrol
> 6 Point Defence Systems
> Comments: Capable of carrying 5 Turcoman CL or 4 Tulwar DDH, the
Arabian
> is the last word in heavy attack vessels, capable of spawning 102
> missiles in it's first salvo, with the redundancy of multiple vessels
> overwhelm any remaining defences in close.
> Variations: The SMR, ADFC & 3 PDS can be replaced with 1 SML with a 6
> mass magazine.

Nice.  We should probably switch the DDH and CL designations, since the
"CL" is 40 mass and the "DDH" is 50.  Or maybe I should look at my list
and
see what 40 mass ought to be called.

Prev: Re: [FT] PBEM game parameters? Next: Re: Chat Tonight!