Prev: OT: DS/SG Conversions to other games Next: RE: [FT][SG][DS] Structure of the NAC

Re: Blade Miniatures Question

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:19:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Blade Miniatures Question

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 PERRYG1@aol.com wrote:

> <<
>  Hi,
>	If anyone (especially those of you in the U.K.) happens to know,
or could
>  find out who owned Blade Miniatures it would be greatly appreciated.
The
>  company is out of business, but they did make an excellent line of
sci-fi
>  figures which would be great for use in SGII.   The last known
>  address/contact information for Blade was:
>   >><<snip>>

What scale are/were the Blade figs in? I'm always looking for new
sources
of 15mm SG2 figs...especially in-production lines.

> I was always under the impression that Blade was somehow connected to
SHQ.
> I know your looking for a U.K. source, but I got all of mine (a few
packs of
> just about everyting they did) through Brookhurst Hobbies in the U.S.,
who I
> think still lists them among the lines they carry. In conjunction with
the
> Blade Miniatures line,
> I also found that Alternate Armies did "big" 15mm PA and milita type
troops
> (est. actual size about 17mm-18mm) which I also picked up, but are
very hard
> to find in the States over the last couple of years.

Is Alternate Armies a UK firm? I haven't heard of them until now.
What're
their figs like?

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -DS2/SG2/misc-

Prev: OT: DS/SG Conversions to other games Next: RE: [FT][SG][DS] Structure of the NAC