Prev: RE: [FT] Scatterguns (was Keeping "Old" RGs) Next: RE: [FT] Scatterguns (was Keeping "Old" RGs)

Re: Sa'vasku variants

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 09:24:01 -0700
Subject: Re: Sa'vasku variants

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:33:32 -0500, Tom McCarthy writes:
>++++++++

[SNIP]

>Each turn, the Sa'vasku ship has a pool of energy and a number of
sensors or
>fire controls.  The energy is divided between thrust (for acceleration,

>deceleration, and turns), defensive screens, anti-fighter defences
(ADAF),
>spawning drones (fighters), and attacks (particle beams, graviton
pulses, or
>buzzcutter beams).  The cost of thrust or screens is proportional to
the
>ship's size, while ADAF, drones, and attacks are based upon flat costs.
>
>Each turn, consider the available energy points.  Divide them between
>engines, ADAF, weapons, arming and launching fighters, and screens.  As

>damage is taken each turn, your available energy will drop and points
will
>disappear from the pools.  Normally, points will disappear from ADAF,
then
>shooting, then screens.  If ADAF and shooting points have already been
>expended, then the next pool will lose points.
>
>Each ship control sheet has five pools to allocate the points to each
turn.
>Thrust is a pentagon.	Attacks is a circle with three posts.  ADAF is a

>diagonally-quartered square.  Screens is a dot with two arcs above.
Drones
>is a cluster of 4 circles.
>
>Ship's MASS
>The ship's are broken into power factor (PF) categories by increments
of 10
>MASS.	Ship's of MASS 1-10, for example, are PF1.  MASSes 21-30 are
PF2.

O.k., maybe I'm dense, but how much energy is ACTUALLY generated per
PF?  I see how to figure the ship's PF, but not how this trannslates
into energy.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: RE: [FT] Scatterguns (was Keeping "Old" RGs) Next: RE: [FT] Scatterguns (was Keeping "Old" RGs)