Prev: Fleet Book question Next: Re: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)

RE: [FT] Keeping "Old" RGs

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:22:13 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Keeping "Old" RGs

Kurt wrote.

>If this is true, and this is how we played out Adler Tag,

Yes its true for Beams a you state

>then by factoring the "penetrating damage" into the newfangled RGs'
base
damage,
>it will eliminate the possibility of a multiple reroll shot.  This cuts
the
>potential, albeit low probability, damage from the weapon system.

My latest figures show class 3 beams (with rerolls) are more cost
effective
than class 3 railguns at long range. At close range the tables are
turned.
Also don't forget most ships with Railguns will have equivalent of level
1
screens due to integral armor so the beam effectiveness drops from that
published, while the railguns don't. I think they are more than powerful
enough without the added complication of beam like rerolls.

Plus scatterguns are very bad news close in too.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Fleet Book question Next: Re: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)