Prev: Re: [FT] New Israel - Re: National Differences (Long) Next: Re: [FT] New Israel - Re: National Differences (Long)

Re: [SGII] Mini review and question for KR

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 09:15:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] Mini review and question for KR

OK - I'm not KR, but I did just assemble and paint a platoon of New
Israelis...

>1st: KR, the New Israeli missle launcher.  OK, where does it go?  For
>those of who've never seen it, there's a neato box missle tube, with a
>cylinder under it, and a trooper with a gauss rifle that has no obvious
>attachment point.  Huh?

The missile launcher is an "over the shoulder" version that attaches to
small knob sticking out of the gunners backpack on the upper right side.
The knob is a half-circle shape, and matches an indentation in the
bottom
of the launcher tube.  There is only one figure that the missile
launcher
fits onto this way, and it has a larger backpack than the others, so if
you
bought it in a blister with other figs, it shouldn't be too hard to
figure
out which one it goes on.

>2nd: The New Israelis as a whole.  WOW!  I'm glad I never got around to
>buying that platoon of New Swabian infantry.  These all of a sudden got
>bumped up into my Thematic Infantry slots.  Full body armor, gauss
>rifles with grenade launchers, mean-looking SAWs, very cool minis!  I
>even like the command pack with the officer with his helmet off.  Looks
>too young to be up this late at night--perfect for young and dumb 2LT.
>(Seriously, we just got a 2LT assigned to our company that looks 14).

If you've got the same figure with helmet off that I do - with short
curly
hair - the reason he looks really young is that he's a she...  If I
remember correctly, there is actually a difference between the NI armour
for males and females, and the officer holding helmet is a woman.

<snip>

Adrian

Prev: Re: [FT] New Israel - Re: National Differences (Long) Next: Re: [FT] New Israel - Re: National Differences (Long)