Prev: [SGII] Mini review and question for KR Next: Re: [SGII] Mini review and question for KR

Re: [FT] Thrust capacity

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:49:36 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Thrust capacity

>Tom Granvold wrote:
>>
>> Laserlight <laserlight@cwix.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Are we officially limited to Thrust 8 now?  I will put on the web
my own
>> > Thrust 10 designs regardless, but am curious as to the Official
Word(tm).
>> > (No, they don't really have a payload to speak of).

"The Official Word (TM)":
No, the old thrust-8 limit is gone under the FTFB design system; you can
have drives as big as you like, subject to available mass in the ship.
This
means that the theoretical absolute limit is thrust-20 (100% of Mass),
but
this just gives you a drive unit floating in space! In practice, since
you
have to have SOME hull integrity, a fragile hull at 10% will leave you
space for a maximum of a thrust-18 drive - this is a tin can with a
command
pod at one end and a bl**dy big motor at the other....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: [SGII] Mini review and question for KR Next: Re: [SGII] Mini review and question for KR