Prev: New GZG-DigestQuestion Next: [FT] Thrust capacity

Re: [FT] New Israel - Re: National Differences (Long)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 19:41:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] New Israel - Re: National Differences (Long)

> Two things I'm sure about -
> 1) After surviving two attempts at total annihilations in a single
> century, you know the national mantra of NI is "Never Again,"

I thought their mantra NOW was "Never Again"...isn't that what is at
Masada?

> My initial thoughts about NI world(s)
>	- Politics: Friendly with NAC, source of significant monetary
> donations and trade resources from remnant communities.
>		Neutral towards NSL, OU, and FSE and most minor powers
>		Cool with ESU and IC due to continuing alliance with
> Japanese
>		Cool or Warm to PAU depending on its relationship with
> IF
>		Hostile to IF

Indonesia is Muslim, does this have an effect?

(snip stealth suggestions, which sound interesting)
   I'd think that there would be one way to do it--either as screens or
streamlining--not both.
I'd pick streamlining.

(snip New Israel fleet design philosophy)
   Sounds about like the Alarishi defense philosophy, except that we
like
high speed and long range, instead of long range and lots of armor.  On
the
other hand, we live on lots of planetoids, so travel time is greatly
increased simply because there are a lot more orbits to go to.	We'll
get
more designs up on the ol' website soon.  Also, the Alarishi Empire
sponsors the Templar order, which opposes the IF (although mainly
focused
against the Kra'Vak).
   Is anyone on the list enamored of the IF or Khalifate?  If not, I can
generate IF designs as well as Alarishi and Templar.

Prev: New GZG-DigestQuestion Next: [FT] Thrust capacity