Prev: Re: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon) Next: RE: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)

RE: [DS] Why play DS?

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:20:28 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] Why play DS?

Funny, I must admit that I am reluctlant to play DS much for the same
reason. FT and SG I play quite a bit. Now, I am used to some complicated
types of mini's rulesets; anyone played WRG 7th Ancients?? DS has me a
little daunted as I get the feeling that it is quite 'clunky'. The use
of
chits is not the difficult part. I get the impression that the rules for
vehicles, infantry, artillery and air support were written separately to
each other and don't quite mesh together. Strange I admit, but there it
is.

I might add that at Western Suburbs Wargames (Melbourne) we play regular
games of FT and SG but have seen only 1 DS game in the last 18 months.

Owen G