Prev: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: Re: GZG-DigestQuestion

RE: [FT] The Sa'Vasku

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:25:50 PST
Subject: RE: [FT] The Sa'Vasku

>You've all read the bit the FT where it says the game isn't
>based on reality or mathematics right?

I have to deal with reality on an almost daily basis...thus, I make no
effort to include it my games as well.

>On Johns C's good idea sheet, have you checked out some of
>the systems in ICE night brood these had an organic tech.
>
>From memory:
>
>Ink - acts like a shield like the Mister/Caster
>Ink follows its launch vector so the ship is coverd as long as it stays

>inside the cloud.

This would not be impossible in an FT game, though it would be something

of a pain in the ass.  Using puffs of cotton to represent the cloud, you

could move it in a straight line at a constant speed.  It might be
interesting, but I think that it would be more trouble than it is worth.

Plus, I think that the particles would tend to disperse relatively
quickly.

>Spore Mole Launcher - organic missile with attitude, attaches to enemy
>then bores through releasing organic pathological fungoid spores. As a
weapon
>this could not damage equipment but kill crew factors.

Could be a variant of the "Viper" biomissle, doing its additional damage

to the crew rather than to the ship

>Grappling tube - does a spider number on a disabled enemy to suck out
>its juices for repairing bio-ship.
>
>Against Projectile weapons (i.e. RG's) the SV could be resistant
>as the projectiles generally pass harmlessly through the self
>sealing organic matrix.

I would tend to think that hydrostatic shock would still be a
factor...especially considering the size/speed of RG rounds.  If you are

going with the amorphous idea, though, I can see a ship being cut in
half by an RG shot, and becoming two smaller ships.  This doesn't really

fit with my concept, but it does sound kinda neat.

Anyone have any input on my enegy absorbing idea, by the way?  That's
the concept that I am most fond of, and it seems to be somewhat
workable, as well.

>-= tim jones =-

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: Re: GZG-DigestQuestion