Prev: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)

RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 13:00:25 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Dean Gundberg wrote:

> I couldn't stay out if the disscussion ;) My quick thoughts.
>
> I worked out all the numbers like I did before and they seemed just a
bit
> off.	So then I thought about modifying the damage roll to:
> 1-5, damage = RG class
> 6, damge = 2xRG class
> This makes RG2's at an unarmored target do 2 pts on a 1-3 and 4 pts on
4-6.
> It also allows a RG4 to do 4 pts on a 1 and 8 pts on roll of 2-6.

<some big snips above>

Dean,

If I read this correctly, your verison of the 'K' railguns drops in
power
from there FTMT counterparts. In FTMT we see that they Rainguns did
damage
on 1-4 class rating, and 5-6 Double class rating. Yours shows 1-5
standard, and 6 double. I don't think I like the idea of making the
Kra'Vaks any weaker.

Lets look at in a new light, take the most powerfull Human weapons, and
scale the Class3 or 4 railgun to that level and see what happens..

Just a thought..

Steven

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)