Prev: RE: [SG2] Quick SG2 Question... Next: RE: [FT] Other Kra'Vak wepon systems

RE: [FT] Keeping "Old" RGs

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:25:28 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Keeping "Old" RGs

Like the snake that swallows its own tail were back here...

>This is the best idea I have heard yet....  Simple, no intensive
>changes
>
>But what about rerolls?  Hate to harp on it but all the major
>armaments of all the races should have the chance for a catastrophic
>hit.

IMHO the double damage per class is the RG version of penetrating damage

(aka rerolls) so its already factored in. Catastophic damage is a
different
mechanic factored on the number of SSD damage tracks nuked in a single
turn.

I think its a mistake to try to overload RG's with beam based mechanics.
We've already gone full circle lets stop now.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: [SG2] Quick SG2 Question... Next: RE: [FT] Other Kra'Vak wepon systems