Prev: [FT, GZG, OU] OU fleet and nation was Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Next: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

RE: KV Railguns vs Armour (NSS system) Pt1/2

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:50:09 +1100
Subject: RE: KV Railguns vs Armour (NSS system) Pt1/2

Well, railguns are the KV equivalent to beam weapons, except I use the
railgun mechanics.
The advantage is you can ignore the railgun size except to work out how
many dice are rolled at that range.   ALL the RG die are rolled at once,
pick out the hits & roll for damage = 2 rolls.
With the increased mass of each railgun, it reduces the number of die to
approximately the same as an equivalent mass of beam weapons.  Surely
you've had to roll 30+ beam dice at some stage? ;-).
The main reasoning was with not rolling individual RG classes, it speeds
up play & gives a range/damage tradeoff.

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
*****
T'was brillig, & the slithy toves,
Did gyre & gimle in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogroves,
And mome raths outgrabe.
		       - Lewis Carroll "Through the Looking Glass".