Prev: Re:How do others see FCT/NAC/NSL relating (was Re: Locations of Next: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: [FT] suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 17:34:06 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

At 10:29 AM 12/5/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Out of the mouth of -MWS- came:
>***
>  [GS] Scoutship - AOG Sentri Medium Fighters
>  [FL] Corvette - AOG Rutarian Strike Fighters
>  [FF] Frigate - GW Eldar Night Wing Interceptors
>  [DD] Destroyer - GW Eldar Phoenix Bombers (w/o wing guns)
>  [DH] Heavy ('Super') Destroyer - GW Eldar Phoenix Bombers (w/wing
guns)
>***
>
>You're giving those lovely Eldar epic flyers to the Centauri?!?!? The
>skimmers, yes, but, but... *sputter*

FOOMAL!!!  That's really funny, since my initial reaction was "Gads, I'm
polluting my Centauri fleet with Games Workshops products . . ."  <VBG>.

>>Seriously, wherever used, good. Only part of the new Epic line that
really
>caught my fancy. I still think the AOG fighters are large for where
you're
>placing them, even taking into allowance for the REALLY BIG AOG ships.
>However, I suppose even the smallest class of Centauri ship must
maintain
>the bare necessities of civilization (pronounced with a slushy zed,
>bordering on lisp), including wet bar, Jacuzzi, quarters for camp
>followers...

Well, I'm not going to be playing them as Centauri anyway.  Kilrathi or
Orion is more likely - felinoids with a marked preference for fighter
ops.

>Are you going with FT, FB rule structure, modified EFSB, or...? for
your
>fleets? I'm curious what you are using for the stats that are missing
so
>far.

Currently, we're using stock ships from FT2 & MT.  We'll probably switch
over to FB rules after a few more games, at which point I get to create
reasonable background for the fleet.  If I do it right, it should be
compatible with the current "official" GZG background. (Gadzooks!
Another
alien race encounter, by Jove! :)

>One thing I think people, who can get past squishy plastic space ships,
>might look at is the MicroMachine TNG Romulan ships, particularly the
scout
>vessel. In the pasty green, it's not much to look at, but I have a few
of
>the bronzed, and the 'antiqued' panels on swept wings certainly look
very
>Centauri to me.

Looked for some today - nothing at the local Toys R Us (hobby shopping
during Christmas season is the pits!)

>As an aside, the front has that 'flat iron' look so beloved of the
Citadel
>Spacefleet Tyrant and Emperor ships... *Mark: *hint* *hint*

Are those still available?  I thought that the Spacefleet line was no
longer being made . . .

>Kewl! A post that starts where it begins: Evil Empire(tm) to Evil
>Empire(tm). ;->=

Even funnier when you consider where I work <g>.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.