Prev: Kra'Vak Railguns Damage Take 3 Next: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

Re: [FT] What was WRONG with Railguns??

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 08:34:22 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] What was WRONG with Railguns??

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >What with all the reworking and theories and proposals, I don't
honestly
> >know what the problem was with railguns?  The hit/damage mechanics
were
> >fine.  Damage was acceptable.  What WAS it that started all this?
>
> Actually, a very good question.
>
> First, they were not balanced. The mass and/or price cost way not
> indicative of their true value.
>
> Second, in large battles they involve ALOT of dice rolling - we were
> attempting to simplify as well.
>

> Schoon

The Fleet Book changed a lot of things, like Mass, and some basic rules.
We are attempting to bring the Kra'Vak into the realm of the fleet book.
We have to look at every system and balance that out with the overall
ship
mass.

On a side note: Remember, that the Torpedoes changed from FT to the
FTFB.
It gained 6" to its range. If we are modeling the New Kra'Vak railguns
after the FTFB torpedoes, I think we need to incress the range by at
least
6".

SA

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: Kra'Vak Railguns Damage Take 3 Next: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns