Prev: RE: [URL] 3d GZG starmap up! (was Re:[FT]Size of "Countries" in FT) Next: RE: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Star s)

RE: [URL] 3d GZG starmap up!

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:57:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [URL] 3d GZG starmap up!

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Thomas Anderson wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Tim Jones wrote:
> > On the oxford site - I just see labels but no stars?

If you're using IE or some (early) versions of netscape, you'll get the
same thing with both tom's & my posted viewers.

from conversations with tony, tom's right:

> there is a known bug whereby the stars do not get drawn on some
platforms
> (they are drawn with size zero rectangles, which either end up as
points
> or invisibles). are you using internet explorerer? do you get this
problem
> when you load from brian's site?
>
> does anyone else have this problem with the oxford but not brian's
site?

> brian is over near:

CORRECTION: www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html

If you DO get different results with the same browser between Tom's page
&
mine, let us know - this would mean, AFAIK, that there's corrupted java
files somewhere...

the viewer is still a work in progress, to some extent - hopefully
there's
a way around the 'no stars' error for future versions.

Later,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)