Prev: Re: [GZG-Misc] GZG Miniature Gaming Club? Next: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 11:49:30 -0800
Subject: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Steve Pugh wrote:

> Only mention of Swiss mercs that I recall was working with the NSL in
> Solar War III.

> Sided with ESU in Solar War II (and maybe I). No mention of them in
> III.

> Hired mercs to NAC in Solar War III.

Danm, that put everyone in NAC-ESU  Duality.  Except the Dutch and the
abiguous Aussies.

> > The OU (See below, and I tend to think of them as at least friendly
> with NAC)
>
> They do use FSE designed APCs and see below...

Not that this means much--as long as they pay the liscencing fees, the
French will sell to anyone.  They'd have sold guns to Hitler if he'd
asked them.

> I suggested a while back that maybe the IC are hostile to the ESU
> (rivals in their mutual rush to conquer South East Asia). Taken with
> the, admittedly slim, OU-FSE connection this could put the OU in the
> ESU camp and the IC in the NAC camp. More likly they both stay out of
> the big fights.

Last is most likely--Maybe there is some sort of connection, but both
are probably to busy slagging eachother to worry that much about big
massive Solar Wars.

> Oh yes.
> They do seem to buy some weaponry from the ESU (look at the missile
> launcher on the Stargrunt troops). However I bet the IF and ESU
> (around about the current Pakistan-India border perhaps) border is
> rarely quiet. And the IF-PAU border in Africa may be another on-Earth
> hotspot.

I'm wondering what the border between the IF and PAU is?  The IF likely
has North Africa, but what chunks of sub-Sahara Africa (if any) do they
have?  And if not, then the large Muslim populations of some parts of
Africa provide a ready-made excuse for conflict between the two.

John M. Atkinson