Prev: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: [FT] ST FT2.5 designs

RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 17:09:58 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

Dean wrote:

Ok the smaller dRG give you more damage than equivalent
larger classes but the trade off is range. However
as we find out range may not be acceptable limiting factor
due to PSB.

>I could be talked into allowing Class2s to get a 2nd arc for
>another point of mass (50% increase) but anything larger should
>stay a single arc.

Please stop now, its fundamental they remain arc bound as in MT, I can
*just* accept a class 1 having 2 arcs but not a class 2.

>Also when reading MT I noticed it stated that all of the RGs
>fire at the same velocity and it is the increased size of the
projectile
>that increases damage.

Yes thats how it should work, as in the machine gun analogy.

>If JT wants to keep this assumption, then my PSB of increased
>velocities giving greater range is shot down and something else is
needed to
>make larger RGs desirable.

That was one of the minus points of the dRG. It seems there
is no way out at the moment the alternatives seem to be just as
full of holes. Are we looking for a new PSB or a new RG fix?

Are there any alternative limiting factors.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: [FT] ST FT2.5 designs