Prev: Re: Newbie Question: suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers? Next: RE: Newbie Question: suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

Re: Newbie Question: suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:57:58 -0600
Subject: Re: Newbie Question: suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

As I've mentioned before, Micro Machines space ships are often found in
close-out buyers, such as Toy Liquidators, Kay-Bee, and 1/2 Price stores
in
Nebraska, USA, for less than three dollars, US. I'm up to about 25
Cardassians, and should be using John Fu's ship designs soon for a big
Dominion, without Jem' Hadars (curses), assault on a Fed Starbase.

As far as Centauri specific, I may be in a minority of one, but I think
the
AOG Centauri fighters would be better used as DD to EC (or CE as you
call
'em) sized ships. In a similar 'crescent' mode are two sizes of Silent
Death fighters, of which I can't recall the names. Though they are
supposed
to fly with the curve faced forward, painted, they can be ambiguous
enough
to fly the other way.

However, the difference between styles from the Vor'chan and the Primus
suggests a wide variety of ships, tending toward baroque fixtures. I
actually see Games Workshop old Imperial 'Gothic' ships, though
EVERYBODY
that sees them assumes them Eldar, would fit in rather well. Where
they'd
fit, I haven't given much thought to.

Yes, Mark, I think Denis should be looking at the old QT/Citadel ships,
though with thoughts of variants that only 'suggest' the former ships.
I'd
add some certain beetle-shaped ships (see parenthetical comment above).

The_Beast