Prev: Re: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons Next: Re: Newbie Question: suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 00:49:00 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

At 22:19 02/12/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Thomas Anderson wrote:
>>
>> erm... the NSL has 5 worlds and the OU has 8? did someone promote the
OU
>> whilst i wasn't looking?
>
>	Like I said, this was just to get the ball rolling.
>	This isn't set in stone.
>
>	You are correct, the NSL should have more worlds.
>	How would you re-apportion them?

	For my two bob's worth I'd say that the OU was right and that
some of the
other nations, namely NSL and PAU needed more. Further I'd say that the
OU
was fairly thin on the ground on it's planets. There is probably not
more
than 40 million people (this is very rough figure) in the area that
would
be OU today. That area though is huge. Even today including territorial
waters and Antartic region Australia is the 3rd largest area under one
government (the big ones are USA and Russia) but has only 18-19 million
people (compared to 250 million and 220 million respectively). The OU
would
have a fair number of reasonably useful systems but these are
underdeveloped and underpopulated according to everyone else.
	I also notice that the OU and FSE don't seem to border each
other. Does
this mean the French don't have a Mua Roura Planet for weapons testing
in
our backyard?

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons Next: Re: Newbie Question: suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?