Prev: RE: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 14:46:41 -0800

Tony Christney wrote:

> If you want to use Nyrath's data as a starting point, you may want to
> reconsider these coordinates. They put Rot Hafen right between
> the IF, LLAR and NAC on the other side of the inner colonies from the
> rest of NSL space... Ships would be open to ambush from those three,
> plus the OU, RH, PAU, and IC before they would arrive in NSL space...
>
> I would suggest changing the "y" coordinate to +3.2986

While you have a valid point, we are talking about space here not about
walking through a mountain pass or Jungle. How are enemy ships going to
know where my jump points are, they could be anywhere in open space. I
would also point at that earth bound colonization often had no set
"master plan" rationalization to it also. Look at Africa or islands in
the Pacific. People grabbed at wherever they alnded, then carved out
niches for themsleves where ever they were.

Look at Portuguese colonization. Brazil, A  few stops in Indian right in
the middle of Brit owned land. A spot or two on the Chinese Miainland.
Three seperate	and unconnected tracks of land (2 very huge) in Africa.

I picked LTT1583 becuase it's an actual place.Is there an actual star at
thecoordinates you have given?

If we were talking about a Universe where there are jump points ala
starfire that's one thing. but I've always found drawing boundry lines
in space to be kind of funny.

Los

Prev: RE: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons