Prev: Re: [SG] - Turn Sequence Idea Next: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

Re: Asteroid combat [was Re: Planet types]

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:39:54 +0000
Subject: Re: Asteroid combat [was Re: Planet types]

At 09:03 01/12/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Just trying to be 'first', there is/was a microgame based on just this
kind
>of combat. I think it was a Task Force Games production, and, if I
recall
>correctly, included various shapes including torus or 'donut'.

If we're thinking about the same game, that would be Metagaming's "Black
Hole"- 2 mining companies using converted asteroid mining vehicles to
fight
for control of a doughnut shaped asteroid with a mini-black hole in the
middle.  Missiles could hurtle helically around the toroid until they
hit
something, and units could fire or even fly across the central gap,
black
hole permitting.

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: Re: [SG] - Turn Sequence Idea Next: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers