Prev: Re: [URL] Romanov's FH Re: Home Page Update Next: [FT] FB K'V

RE: [FT] FB Kra'Vak - A Simple View

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:48:24 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] FB Kra'Vak - A Simple View

>Dean Gundberg <dean.gundberg@noridian.com> wrote:
>
>[snippety]
>
>>Shotgun Fire Option - Roll to-hit as if 1 range band closer,
>damage is equal
>>to RG class, no chance for double damage.  All damage to
>Human armor first.
>>(Yup, will lead to automatic hits at closest range band but
>damage will be
>>limited to class size).
>
>I was right there with you until I hit this. This seems to go
>against the "simple" aspect we were trying for. I'd rather see RGs with
one
mode of
>fire only.

I agree with schoon, lose the shotgun mode. Also you like the MT
RG's but then propose something different such as class
based range bands. They can be used to model the different velocity
envelopes of the different classes, but this isn't in MT either.

Looks like the armor as % of hull is popular though. However my position
is that the FB now has a 'standard' armor mechanic so why translate
something completely alien from MT. KV armor is just more
dense/efficient
than human, so they get more per mass. If a beam ablates the armor then
its still going to fry their ship as any other armored ship. Same for
penetrating shots.

Using the standard armor rules might also balance KV invunerability,
because
their MT armor can never be ablated. These alternatives need testing.

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: [URL] Romanov's FH Re: Home Page Update Next: [FT] FB K'V