Prev: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: Re: [URL] Gaming resource

RE: [FT] K'V Hulls

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 07:56:01 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: [FT] K'V Hulls

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Tim Jones wrote:

> Steven Arrowsmith wrote:
>
> >work out right.. Kra'Vak ships are larger and more dense than
> >Human ships of the same tonnage..
>
> How can something be larger *and* more dense than equivalent
> ships of the same tonnage?
>
> If they are more dense then they will be smaller; if they are
> larger they will be less dense; to have same tonnage (MASS) as
> a human ship.

Tim, I don't know, how the Kra'Vak are able to do this, you will have to
ask one of them.. The quote was from page 24 of More Thrust.

> My feeling is the KV have denser stronger ships due to their
> design doctrine (intergral armor, turn on a dime).
> They don't use the same technology as humans so the design
> system is different. I'm not even sure if the KV would build
> a 'weak' hull, as it would fly apart doing a 6pt turn.
>

> tim jones

Tim,

I agree with you on this, we need to be able to add this alien flavor to
our ship design system.. Also how would a weak hull fare agaist
Railguns..

SA

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: Re: [URL] Gaming resource