Prev: [FT] K'V Hulls Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 08:34:33 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Tony Wilkinson <twilko@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>	I hope that by "planet types" you mean habitable planets. For a
>campaign I
>was writing a planet, indeed all planets, were described by 4 varibles;
>size of population and/or military bases it could support (very
abstract
>measure of surface area), a habitability rating from 0 to 10 (zero
lifeless
>rock, 10 Eden, Earth currently about 6) which determined maintaince
costs,
>an industry rating to indicate how industrially developed the planet
was
>and a resource rating which multiplied industry rating to give
production.

[snip]

I actually prefer to be even more abstract that that. Three ratings tied
directly into FT:
1) How much crew/troops it can provide
2) How much industry for construction/supplies
3) How many ship yards for building ships

Granted that this is somewhat FT-centric, and doesn't give much for
DS/SG
scenarios. However, just tie in a short description of the planet, and
your
there.

Schoon

Prev: [FT] K'V Hulls Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)