Prev: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: [url]Full Thrust Ship Registry

Re: [SG2] Found a GAC/1 vs. Gauss SAW Bug...

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 02:19:08 GMT
Subject: Re: [SG2] Found a GAC/1 vs. Gauss SAW Bug...

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 09:47:21 +1000, "Glover, Owen"
<oglover@mov.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

>But only if you intend to use it primarily for engaging infantry. A
GAC/1 vs
>vehicle target uses range bands of 12" X Vehicle Size; the SAW is stuck
with
>Range Bands of a fixed length regardless of target size or type.

Hmmm... That's right, actually...

>Then there
>is the damage a SAW can do to a vehicle; limited again compared to the
>GAC/1. And then too, the impact of the GAC vs infantry is d8 compared
to the
>SAW d12. Horses for courses IMHO.

Oops... you're right. Misread an asterisk. You are right, the GAC/1 does
do
D12 x 2 damage to a point target on a major hit, while the Gauss SAW
only does
D12...

I thought there was an asterisk beside the Gauss SAW but in fact it's on
the
Plasma Gun below it.

>Strikes me that there are generally two predominant vehicle design
>philosophies in the game circle.

Yep. I agree, now that I see that I goofed. Thanks, Owen, for clearing
that
up.

Should just about kill THIS thread... *S*

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com

Prev: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: [url]Full Thrust Ship Registry