Prev: Re: [SG2] [Traveller] VRF Gauss Rifle Question... Next: Re: Loactions of Stars

Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

From: John and Roxanne Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 10:08:45 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> >John,
> >
> >In the Fleet Book, both Enhanced Pulse Torpdpes and Salvo Missiles
use a
> >variation of this system. Half damage to amour
XXX
     Love shall triumph over all!  JTL
XXX
> >, the rest to the hull boxs,
> >so I do not see a problem with idea..
>
> It only really makes a difference when the target has an armour row
longer
> than its hull box rows - then split penetrating damage can force a
> threshold before all the armour is gone.
>
> Jon (GZG)

     I did make a point of saying that this was a possibility.
Since the PT and SML do not exist in a (other) weapons vacuum,
I still feel that the exercise is of extremely limited value
(at its Best).	  If the List developes a true 'Penetrator'
round for the 'K' (one point to armor and the rest internal),
then the concept will have a valid reason the exist.

     Rationalization can get us anywhere we want to be!

Bye for now,
John L.

> >SA
> >

> >				  Steven Arrowsmith
> >			     www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
> >				steven@arrowsmith.net
> >				 dredd@quake.usit.net

________

> >		       I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
> >			    Than know The Truth That I Can't

________

Prev: Re: [SG2] [Traveller] VRF Gauss Rifle Question... Next: Re: Loactions of Stars