Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Colony lists? (was:Re: Locations of Stars etc.)

RE: Loactions of Stars (was RE: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 09:09:33 +0000
Subject: RE: Loactions of Stars (was RE: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT)

[snip]
>> Agreed. I think the drive they are looking at is something which
>> allows you to come out where you want, to go any particular distance
>> (no max stated) and whose time in jump may or may not be proportional
>> to distance. Not jump gates. But Jon T is unlikely to ever give more
>> than a suggestion here.... since lots of folk use lots of different
>> ideas.
>
>Right.  Not supprising, really, its about what I expected from him.

Funnily enough, the theories of Jump Drive in the "Official" background
is
one thing that we HAVE defined and explained in some detail, as
published
in the FTFB (Fleet Book vol.1). Of course, that doesn't prevent anyone
from
using Warp Drives, Jump Points, Jump gates, Alderson Points, Infinite
Improbability Drives, Ludicrous Speed Drives or anything else for that
matter if they prefer... :)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Colony lists? (was:Re: Locations of Stars etc.)