Prev: RE: [FT] Railgun/Fuel Chat Results Next: Re: FTFB Turn Arcs

Re: [FT] Railgun Goals II

From: PsyWraith@a...
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:35:18 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals II

In a message dated 11/27/98 8:47:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca writes:

<SNIP>

> I wished to support two mechanics. One a short range 'rapid fire'
>  mode, and one a longer range 'hard hitting' mode. That was just one
>  possible PSB. Even as an abstraction, one can conceive that, whatever

>  your firing window is, you can choose to throw more projectiles with
>  less energy, or fewer with more - thus supporting the two mechanics.
>  PSBs notwithstanding.  I just thought it made for interesting
>  tactical options.

Brings up a question though.  Given that we all agree to one level or
another
that targeting solutions become more problematic for the Kra'Vak as
range
increases would it not be better to reverse the modes of fire?	In other
words, rapid fire is used at long ranges to cover all the possible
interception points while slower, higher powered shots have more utility
up
close where the firing solutions are much simpler.

>  > tim jones
>  >
---
> -----
>  /************************************************
>  Thomas Barclay
>  Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
>  Fax: (613) 831-8255
>
>   "C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot.  C++ makes
>   it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
>   -Bjarne Stroustrup

Chris Ruhl
SGT UASR
301st PSYOP Company (Airborne)

Prev: RE: [FT] Railgun/Fuel Chat Results Next: Re: FTFB Turn Arcs