Prev: [~ot]magnets was Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: RE: [FT] Railgun/Fuel Chat Results

Re: Last Post

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 17:25:18 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Last Post

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Jonathan White wrote:
> At 12:17 27/11/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >Do we _have_ to unsubscribe? Is there any problem in just hanging
around
> >until
> >the list just goes feet in the air?
> There's no direct reason to now. Once the list gets put into stasis
you
> shouldn't see any more messages from it anyway. It's not very neat to
leave
> a sub to a dead mailing list though, or am I being anal?

being subbed to a list when it dies is dangerous - you get a peek
through
into the place where lists go after they die. some people stay on lists
until the final moment, but if you look too directly into the Beyond,
you
are changed forever. that's what happened to Bester in B5, anyway.

Tom

Prev: [~ot]magnets was Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: RE: [FT] Railgun/Fuel Chat Results