Prev: Kra'vak Railguns III Next: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals II

RE: [FT] Railgun Goals II

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:58:45 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals II

>Tim Jones wrote:
>...snip...JTL
>> that it will dictate high velocity as a standard though
>legitimate defence.
>>
>> tim jones
>

>     I must jump in at this point and correct a spreading
>misconception.
>Velosity=Speed= the number of inches that a ship can move
>during a turn.
>Thrust= The ability to change speed/direction and the measure of
>	 how 'lively' a ship is.

Thankyou for pointing that out. I like the original proposal even
less as its now based or 'potential' for velocity change (liveliness)
rather than 'actual' velocity change.

If I were using a thrust/velocity modifier a better one
would be based on actual target velocity change the turn of firing.
That truly reflects the unpredicted displacement of the target. So
use the same chart but base the numbers on thrust expended the turn
of firing. I still think its too complicated.

tim jones
--------

Prev: Kra'vak Railguns III Next: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals II