Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: [GZG-L]

Re: Railgun Goals II

From: John and Roxanne Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:47:17 -0800
Subject: Re: Railgun Goals II

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
...snip...JTL
> I'm against charts of modifiers. I'd rather keep it really simple.
Besides,
> verying the number of dice and modifying the roll with target thrust
> produces very different results.
>
> Say that regardless of class, RGs roll:
> 4 dice for Thr 1-2
> 3 dice for Thr 3-4
> 2 dice for Thr 5-6
> 1 die for Thr 7+
>
> Combine it with the above concept of varying hit # with range...
>
> Range 0-12: 2+ hits
> Range 12-24: 4+ hits
> Range 24-36: 6 hits
>
> That's a VERY different mechanic which I think addresses many of the
concerns

> Then say that the number of hits determines the damage multiplier... I
like it.

> Schoon

Schoon,
     I don't necessarily dislike the idea/concept, BUT what if a
'K' frigate with 4 X type 1s and 2 scatterguns flosts up to your
heavy cruiser sometime.   what if he picks up 16 dice that hit
on a 2 or better, what if you take 13 hits, just what kind
of damage multiplier are you considering?  Also consider the
other frigate comes in next turn.

Providing all with a wet blanket is sometimes ones lot in life.
Sorry.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: [GZG-L]