Prev: Re: (FT) Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Re: Last Post

Re: (FT) Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:15:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: (FT) Fleet Book Kra'Vak

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

<kra'snip>

> >When a hit is scored, look at the "to-hit" die roll. Add them
together,
> >this is the damage done to the target. Any roll of 6, regardless of
> >modifier, is a reroll . If firing against Kra'Vak Armoured hulls,
subtract
> >2 from each die for damage. If the target is using Human armour, then
half
> >the damage scored (round up) is taken on the armour, and the
remainder
> >applied directly to the hull.
>
> I'm not quite so sure I can support the damage mechanic. Assuming a
hit,
> your average damage for each class is:
> Class 1 - 7 points
> Class 2 - 10.5 points
> Class 3 - 14 points
> ...and that's not including the possibility for rerolls.
>
> That translates into any ship under Mass Factor 45 being vaporised by
one
> Class 3 shot.
>
> While I agree that the K'V should be dangerous, that seems a bit
excessive.

> Schoon

Schoon,

you are correct, I messed up my math here, the damage section was
based on 1d6/2d6/3d6 not 2d6/3d6/4d6 curve. So I am going back to the
drawing board on this one.

SA

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: Re: (FT) Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Re: Last Post