Prev: [GEN] GZG UPDATE? Next: Re: [GEN] GZG UPDATE?

Re: Railgun Goals II

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 05:35:03 -0800
Subject: Re: Railgun Goals II

John and Roxanne Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net> wrote:

>     Well, just what are the options for 'To Hit':
>Constant : Same as Beams
>
>Short range/Low 'To Hit' number : Basically, what is in use now for
>	   Kra'Vak ships.   With increasing 'To Hit' due to range
>and	       constant damage over range. (The Trash Can principle.)
>
>Short range/High 'To Hit' number : With decreasing 'To Hit' due to
>	   range and decreasing damage over range. (The Shotgun Effect)

I'm for the first option, the so called "trash can."

However...

I was just brainstorming different ways to use d6s to come up with some
sort of result - just trying to get something/anything different than
beams.

1) Roll d6s vs. a target number. Both target number and number of dice
decreases with range.

2) Roll constant number of dice (not necessarily just one) against a
target
number that varies with range. [This is closest to the old mechanic.]

3) Target thrust capability determines number of dice thrown, which
score
against a target number that decreases with range. # of hits may
determine
damage multiplier. [This is sort of a variation of #1]

4) I'm running out of decent ideas... help

Schoon

Prev: [GEN] GZG UPDATE? Next: Re: [GEN] GZG UPDATE?