Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 20:57:44 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

At 11:34 AM 11/25/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I must disagree here, the concept that a 'big' round has better
>penetration than a 'small' round is not valid.   All of the DS2 >people
will agree, I am certain.

A penetrator rod is not a BB.  The rod gives the best of both worlds; is
has higher mass than a sphere of the same diameter and a lower diameter
than a sphere of the same mass.

>or: APFSDSDU  (I think I got the letters in the right order.)

Of which 2 to 4 are of questionable utility in a vacuum.

:)

Jeff

Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals