Prev: Thanksgiving Chat on KV. Next: Re: [FTFB][gunslinger] Duel PBeM offer

Re: [GZG-L]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:08:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG-L]

trapper spake thusly upon matters weighty:

Won't matter to me - I read stuff regardless. I could filter on an
incoming tag, bujt I probably would not. I'm just as happy as is. I
see this tag as superflous.... with a good mailer you should be able
to filter on source address. But, I'll go with the majority :)

> Aloha,
>    Now that the new list is up and running, how does everyone feel
about the
> listserver automatically adding a [GZG-L] or [GZG] tag at the
beginning of
> every subject line (see my subject line)?  It makes sorting easier to
do
> both electronically and visually, and most other listservs I'm on do
it that
> way.	This subject was brought up on the old Bolton list (R.I.P.) and
a lot
> of people seemed to like the idea, but Jon White said that the
mxbolton mail
> server didn't have that capability.  Now we're on Majordomo, though,
which
> does support the automatic tagging.  New list admin Matthew Seidl said
it
> would be easy to implement, but we're both hoping for some input from
the
> other list members before making the change.
>    And so with that I'd like to open it up to the floor for debate. :)
>
> -trapper

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Thanksgiving Chat on KV. Next: Re: [FTFB][gunslinger] Duel PBeM offer