Prev: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 12:51:52 -0700
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:50:14 -0800, John and Roxanne Leary writes:
>Matthew
>...snip...JTL
>>
>> The trouble with only a 3" bracket for the R1's is that it only
shoots
>> out to 15".	And that smaller brackets mean more fiddly measuring.
>> And 9" brackets on the R3 means it shoots out to 45".  The only other
>> weapon that can touch this is a Class 4 beam.  Do we want to give the
>> Kra-Vak that much of a range advantage?  And if we do that sucker had
>> better be really massive.  I don't want small fast ships sitting out
>> of range playing tag type game.
>>
>...snip...JTL
>> -=- Matthew L. Seidl 	   email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu

>     It is my personal opinon that no one will ever mount type 4
>anything on any ship ever.   If some one is willing to try, I will
>be more than happy to design a ship to show them the power of the
>force!...Sorry, the power of the type 2 and type 1.
>
>Bye for now,
>John L.

The question is, does that work if your enemy can outrage you by 50%.
Sure you can go fast, but so can he.

How about I build a ship with R3 railguns (range 45") aft and forward.
You come after me, and I break into two groups.  You case one, and the
other chases you.  With the extended range, I can hit you from outside
your range pretty consistantly.  If you turn arround to take on the
chasers who are firing at you, the leaers turn arround and become
chasers.  Not much fun.

Fighters and special super fast attack ships can of course close the
range, but it might be hard to get your battle line to engage.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak