Prev: Hello Next: Re: [FTFB] Minaturization

RE: DS2 Resins to FT or FTFB Mass

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:10:05 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: RE: DS2 Resins to FT or FTFB Mass

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, George,Eugene M wrote:
> Makes sense. I guess it all depends on your view of technology and
your
> tolerance for PSB. I guess I like the 1m = 1000, at least for now,
making	a
> mass 120 ship weigh in at 120,000 tons, about the size of a decent Oil
> Tanker.

i suppose; nimitz-type carriers are roughly 90 000 tonnes, so 90 mass,
just within ft2 limits, and the largest tanker, the jahre viking, is 575
000 tonnes, of mass 575. mind you, that is a pretty exceptional ship -
there are probably one or two mass 600 frighters plying the void, owned
by
a state-owned line (ESU, FSE), state-supported lines (NSL) or supported
via huge tax breaks (NAC). as well as prestige value, they would be
useful
for colonisation - you could fit a whole colonisation mission into one
ship.

Tom

Prev: Hello Next: Re: [FTFB] Minaturization