Prev: RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Abandon Ship

[FTFB] Minaturization

From: Edmund Hon <edmundh@i...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 00:42:00 -0500
Subject: [FTFB] Minaturization

With the new list and all it seems like a good idea to de-lurk and toss
an
idea at you guys.

Lately I've been thinking about miniaturization. Looking at ships like
the
Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (BTW the DS9 Tech Manual is *great*!) and the
White
Star which all pack a powerful weapon, yet they are all small ships
physically. If we are to emulate their designs in FTFB we will end up
with
some huge ship with class 4 beams. So how about this miniatureization
rule:

If a player so desires, any systems used in a ship design can have it's
mass halved, but it's cost tripled. This can apply to any weapons and
systems, including drives and armor (i.e. advance in material science).

On the flip side of this rule, any systems can have it's mass doubled
but
only cost a third, to emulate obsolete systems.

Edmund Hon				   edmundh@ipoline.com
[ICQ:10833820]
P-51 Mustang Page
http://www.ipoline.com/~edmundh/mustang
			      <*> Faith Manages <*>

Prev: RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Abandon Ship