Prev: Re: GZG-L: The water's fine! Next: Re: GZG-L: The water's fine!

The Other Side

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:53:31 +1100
Subject: The Other Side

>From the bridge of OUDF Skydancer, mid-jump...
*****
The Other Side...

Strange, but I always thought jump was shorter than this.... <mentally
throws up> ....must have misjumped.  Maybe we'll finally find out what
happened to all those ships which misjumped.
Though the universe grow cold, the memory lives...
<displacement reaction as jump ends>
...on.	We're alive!  <physically throws up as body catches up with
mind>

4 hours later on the bridge...
"Sir, sensors confirm, we are no longer in the same reality.  Readings
still match records, but are 100% reversed to normal."
"Damn, someone must have shifted the Ground Zero Games mail list to the
other side of the planet..."

*****

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
*****
T'was brillig, & the slithy toves,
Did gyre & gimle in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogroves,
And mome raths outgrabe.
		       - Lewis Carroll "Through the Looking Glass".

Prev: Re: GZG-L: The water's fine! Next: Re: GZG-L: The water's fine!