Prev: oops (EW vs. missiles discussion) Next: Re: Man-portability of heavy weapons

RE: [SG2] Traveller Armour Question

From: "Moody, Danny M." <DMoody@b...>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 15:22:19 -0600
Subject: RE: [SG2] Traveller Armour Question

On Saturday, 21 November 1998 13:57, Chris Lowrey
[SMTP:clowrey@primary.net] wrote:

> >Combat armour is more akin to the full armoured suit (kind of like
> >stormtroopers from StarWars).  Lots of armour on an environmentally
> >sealed suit, but no powered assists.
> >
> Of course, I think Stormtrooper armor would be rated at about 1d4
> (especially when considering the Ewok #2 pencil sized arrows that
seems
> penetrate so easily....)

Actually, stormtrooper armour is a special 'damage enhancing' model.
The Empire, believing in the maxim that a dead soldier takes one man out
of your force, but a wounded soldier takes three (the wounded man and
two to assist him)  has designed armour that turns the lightest hit into
an instantly fatal wound.

vargr1							 UPP-8D9B85
---------------------------- Omnia dicta fortiora, si dicta latina.
Meyers-Briggs personality type: ENTJ		    vargr1@jcn1.com
"...the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with."	  dmoody@bridge.com

Prev: oops (EW vs. missiles discussion) Next: Re: Man-portability of heavy weapons