Prev: Homepage Next: RE: GMS Fire control

RE: Infantry Walkers!

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 09:41:59 +1000
Subject: RE: Infantry Walkers!

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Barclay [mailto:Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca]

>In my big con scenario, one side had a wheeled TD with HKP and an
>ATST combat walker with HEL/2s. The other side had four aliens APCs
>with DFFG/1 and SAW and two aliens gunships with SLAM/3, RFAC/1 and
>GMS/H. By the end of the battle, 1 APC (with infantry inside), both
>VTOLs and the TD and the Walker were all slagged. 3 APCs were still
>standing. I think in an even battle, where people aggressively use
>their vehicles, they will be expended. If it is an unfair battle, he
>on the powerful side may take less casualties....

Generally we really try to avoid having largish numbers of vehicles on
both
sides as the Stargrunt rules don't cope with AFV on AFV too well (after
all
that is what Dirtside is for). The Ambush Scenario was interesting in
that
it was more of a case of the Ambusher creating his plan and initial
deployment carefully. The initaiation was poor and the ambushees were
able
to recover reasonably well and although they lost three vehicles
disabled or
immobilised all the infantry got away clean.

The Walkers are a fun addition and are IMHO more likely to eventuate
than
Grav tanks!! But his is, thenk God, sci-fi so anything goes!

Owen G

Prev: Homepage Next: RE: GMS Fire control