Prev: Offical Avalon stats Next: Re: IFVs

Re: IFVs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:39:42 +0100
Subject: Re: IFVs

Andrew Martin wrote:

> Or you could make an anti-tank vehicle from your CV90 IFV like this:
>
> CV 90105 ANTI-TANK VEHICLE
> The CV 90105 anti-tank vehicle is fitted with a Giat TML turret armed
with a
> 105 mm stabilised gun and has day and night sights for both commander
and
> gunner. The vehicle is operated by a crew of four, the commander,
gunner,
> driver and loader.

According to the last reports I've seen it also has enough room to carry
3-4 grunts, which would make it a *very* heavily armed IFV :-/

Jane's (1994 edition) lists it as a "light tank"; the Swedish
designation
is "Infantry Cannon Vehicle" or something like that
(Infanterikanonvagn).
The CV90105 hasn't yet been bought by the Swedish army AFAIK, but it has
replaced the Infanterikanonvagn  91 in the manufacturer's (Hägglunds)
catalogue.

Oh, BTW - why are people complaining about GW's Rhino APC looking like a
box on threads? Just take a look at the M113... <g>

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Offical Avalon stats Next: Re: IFVs