Prev: For Trade: NAC PA minis Next: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:10:38 -0000
Subject: RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

>Or charge more mass on something else. I think the scattergun
>charges should be immense. Think of how much mass you need to
>fill up a chunk of psace withing 6MUs of your ship to automatically
>guarantee at least one hit.

Scatterguns are believed to be based on technology like metal storm.
If you do the maths 6MU is 6000km - whats that - ~ California to New
York
yes you'd need a *lot* of projectiles to hit something the size of a
missile
at that range.

It must be a directed stream of a lot of projectiles. If its a
undirected
cloud then as you suggest it would have to be immense (very).
Alternatively
reduce its range or charge mass for range.

<psb>
The SG system is thus quite a heavy abstraction and must be based on
technology
we haven't seen yet </psb>

tim jones
--------

Prev: For Trade: NAC PA minis Next: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules