Prev: RE: Infantry Walkers! Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:08:41 +1100
Subject: RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

For Kra'vak, I use the following (Beam class + 1/2 railgun class, round
up):
Class-1 railgun (3-arc) - 2 mass
Class-2 railgun (1-arc) - 3 mass
Class-3 railgun (1-arc) - 6 mass
Class-4 railgun (1-arc) - 10 mass, etc
Scatterguns - 1 mass each (6-arc) but uses PDS rules for targetting
ships (still d6 damage though).
Drives cost 3x drive mass.
And doubling only occurs on a 5-6.  This makes the damage on par with
pulse torpedoes,
Cruisers are designed with 5% mass as armour, Capitals with 10% mass as
armour.  This takes into account railgun damage with the changed
doubling.

With the new 6-arc weapons, a new symbol is really needed for railguns.
How about a hexagon with the class number inside?

Example: Kra'vak Patrol Cruiser
Mass: 98
Hull: Ave (29) ; 29
Armour: 5 ;5
Thrust: 6 ; 29
FTL: Yes ; 10
Firecons: 3
Railgun-2 (F) ;3
Railgun-2 (F) ;3
Railgun-3 (F) ;6
Railgun-3 (F) ;6
4 x Scatterguns ;4

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
*****
T'was brillig, & the slithy toves,
Did gyre & gimle in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogroves,
And mome raths outgrabe.
		       - Lewis Carroll "Through the Looking Glass".