Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:45:38 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

	Howdy!

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Brian Burger wrote:

> Snipers rule. They're exceedingly dangerous...one game, I had a
reinforced
> mechanized platoon's advance totally stalled by two snipers, a
crew-served
> RFAC/1 and a bit of mortar fire...I never even got close to the
snipers.

	Yeah, they are nasty...  I have been told by some
ground-pounders
(US and Canadian) that a dug-in sniper is really a platoon objective.  I
did *not* understand this until playing a game or two.	It makes sense.

> > If I was in defence and had the advantage of terrain I made up stuff
like
> > monofilament wire meshes in valleys, monofilament claymore
dispersers,
> > 'hot' chaff bombs, laser trip-wires etc.

	Now THAT is a defense!

> Nifty toys. Got rules you could share on these things? (after reading
the
> intro blurb to DS2 - the thing about why taking armour alone into
urban
> zones is dumb, with the monofilament beheader-of-tank-captains, I've
> wondered when someone would write rules for monofilament in DS2/SG2)

	Treat it as a booby trap; 1d8 (or d10) versus the quality of the
crew/commander.

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules