Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

RE: IFVs

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:37:34 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: IFVs

	Howdy!

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Hedglin, Nils A wrote:

> Actually the idea of using tank chassis' for IFVs was used back in
WWII by
> the Canadians.  They developed the Ram Mark I-II tanks for use in
Europe,
> but by the time they got over there & the crews got trained, the tanks
were
> undergunned & couldn't effectively hurt the Germans.	So, they took
the
> turrets off, stripped out the unnecessary equipment & turned them into
IFVs
> (called Kangaroos), flamethrowers (called Wasps I think) & SP AA guns
> (called Beavers I think).
> Nils

	The wasp was a universal (Bren) gun carrier with a flamethrower.
I though that the Kangaroos were Australian?  I don't remember.

	A great way to have a "quick and dirty" APC for your SGII game;
just pop off the turret and call it a converted troop carrier.

	Later!

	Ken

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres