Prev: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:45:39 -0400
Subject: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

>I would call six bikes shooting six SAW's at my squad more than
somewhat
>dangerous.  That is like, with basic Firecon and depending how you
handled
>their shooting (individually or as a unit) from one to six D4 and from
one
>to six extra D8's.  If you use a gattling type SAW that becomes D10's.
>Since I move faster than you I should be able to get to within one or
two
>range bands which means you would probably be rolling D4's or D6
defence
>dice.	This will mean my bike squad is going to hurt you a lot.

I played a gmae once just after a friend bought a load of old GW Eldar
jetbikes, he just sat at the back and made pop-up attacks and shot the
heck
out of my regular pltn.  Without any really cool toys it was impossible
for
me to counter his tactic in the game so I came up witha couple of
things....

>All these reasonable counters use vehicles, how about an infantry
response.
>SG2 is after all an infantry game.

Calymores/directional mines.  Great little toys, just point them up
instead
of out !
'bouncing-betty' anti-personel mines delivered by arty.
SNIPERS !
detatched SAWS
VERY extended order (bit of a double edged sword, this can be great if
the
bikes are concentrated, or a BIG mistake if dispersed)
Grenade volleys, even if you don't hit it should force them into evasive
maneouvers.

That's just some of the stuff I did in offensive games.

If I was in defence and had the advantage of terrain I made up stuff
like
monofilament wire meshes in valleys, monofilament claymore dispersers,
'hot' chaff bombs, laser trip-wires etc.

Of course after all this stuff Andy became less keen on his jetbikes so
they only crept up occasionally so they became less of a problem for
game
balance.

Just some ideas....

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics	     Tel: (718) 430 4289
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine	      Fax: (718) 430 8778
1300 Morris Park Avenue 			  email:
smurray@aecom.yu.edu
Bronx
New York 10461

Prev: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules