Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

RE: IFVs

From: "Hedglin, Nils A" <nils.a.hedglin@i...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 07:18:48 -0800
Subject: RE: IFVs

Actually the idea of using tank chassis' for IFVs was used back in WWII
by
the Canadians.	They developed the Ram Mark I-II tanks for use in
Europe,
but by the time they got over there & the crews got trained, the tanks
were
undergunned & couldn't effectively hurt the Germans.  So, they took the
turrets off, stripped out the unnecessary equipment & turned them into
IFVs
(called Kangaroos), flamethrowers (called Wasps I think) & SP AA guns
(called Beavers I think).
Nils