Prev: Re: Supertank? Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: Leonids meteor shower

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:56:06 +0000
Subject: Re: Leonids meteor shower

At 17:34 16/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>At 06:44 AM 11/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Check this site out from NASA for the Leonids meteor shower,
predictions
>>are for a very strong shower.
>>
>>http://www.LeonidsLive.com/
>>
>Now, if it would only stop raining...
>
>	Tony Christney
>	acc@questercorp.com

I was up bright and early this morning (5a.m.) and stood like a gumby in
the
street for 20 minutes, during which time I counted 37 meteors, including
several fireballs.  One of the latter produced such a flash that I
caught it
despite it initially being outside my field of view.

Naturally, with the main event due tonight, the UK is pointing the wrong
way
and it's clouding over.  Still worth a look though!

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: Re: Supertank? Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres